Of all Truckee events, First Fridays offer the best opportunity for visitors to experience all that Historic Downtown Truckee has to offer. The local stores and restaurants extend their hours on every First Friday leading to a jovial and festive atmosphere. The local businesses also offer special promotions, sales, activities, and demonstrations every First Friday. All visitors have to do is look for the tell tale First Friday flags flying from local businesses to see who is taking part in the festivities.
Final Fridays are merely a sampling of the finer things to do in Truckee. Participating shops and restaurants take it as an opportunity to showcase some of their latest and greatest dishes. In order to keep the Truckee events fresh and entertaining, every month has their own theme. Theme inspirations range from historic to artistic to seasonal, ensuring that there’s always something new to do.
In 2012, Truckee First Friday Events have included:
• July – Historic and Patriotic Truckee
• August – Locally Inspired – Art, activities and demos with a Truckee flare
• September – Colors of Truckee
• October – Taste of Truckee
• November – Hot Toddies and Sweet Treats
• December – Holiday Fridays – Holiday festivities and specials every Friday in December